I have noticed a similar trend during my three seasons along the river that runs green. This latest gift, and the story behind it, actually generated tears from my eyes.
With the sun bearing down on us during a recent float, the fishing really started to heat up. It didn't seem to matter where the hopper landed, an aggressive eat was soon to follow. It was my latest tie: a hopper I pieced together while godzilla attacked massive unidentified terrestrial organisms on my tiny iphone screen. Naturally, the next step was to name the pattern. This responsibility always falls on the client who catches the first fish on the newly tied pattern. As in most cases, the client takes great thought and, then, with a grin that stretches from ear to ear announces the name.
Godzilla Hopper or G squared (Godzilla Grasshopper)
Briefly following the highly anticipated delivery, I described how I would need to tie more of this pattern. As I described the steps to tie this pattern, I casually mentioned that my vise had a difficult time securely holding the bigger hooks. I would be close to completion and the hook would pop out of the vise, causing the thread to loosen sending me backwards in steps rather than forward... effectively adding time to the tie. It was something I had become accustomed to when tying on bigger hooks. The rest of the day was spent promoting our personal base tans, adding to our laugh lines, and fooling fish.
Protected within the bubble wrap was a new vise. A vise that has a reputation for handling big hooks as well as small ones.
I'm at a lost for words. This act of generosity exemplifies human nature: kindness and love.
If you're reading this blog post, all I can respond with at this time is thank you!
No comments:
Post a Comment